Read on to know about useful Monsoon health tips.
Monsoon brings in respite from the scorching heat. After a sweltering summer, drops of water act as magic. However, the rainy season also gives the perfect breeding ground to mosquitoes, which in turn lead to vector-borne diseases, like dengue, fever, malaria, etc. Similarly, monsoon also leads to the onset of various water-borne ailments, including diarrhea, hepatitis A, typhoid and cholera. Further, the oppressive humidity makes it easy for viral infections to transmit from one person to another.
Rainy season could play havoc on the health of those people who have low immunity power and breathing issues as they are more susceptible to ailments during this time. Then the sudden temperature shift and humidity during the rainy season can adversely affect your skin and hair as well.
Indeed rain is a great reliever. So, abiding by necessary safety tips during monsoon is imperative to stay healthy and enjoy the rain. Let’s have a look at some of the useful monsoon health tips to prevent yourself from getting sick in rainy season:
- Eat only healthy and balanced diet to keep infections at bay. Fruits like pears, mangoes and pomegranates are apt for the season. However, as the excess of everything is bad, so avoid having too many mangoes as it can cause pimples.
- Opt for bitter veggies like bitter gourd and herbs like tulsi and neem while avoiding vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and spinach.Thoroughly wash and cook your vegetables and fruits before eating.
- Avoid raw vegetables which can contain active bacteria and virus responsible for viral and bacterial infections. Instead, you should go for steamed salads.
- Cut your intake of fried food as the rainy season can slow down the digestion process
- Avoid excessive meat and fish. Opt for light meat preparations, like strew and soups.
- Keep yourself hydrated with water. Limit caffeine intake and opt for herbal teas, like honey, mint, pepper, ginger, etc.; that have antibacterial properties.
- Curb your urge of walking in the rain as it can make you prone to a host of viral and fungal infections.
Along with the above monsoon health tips, it is advisable to buy a suitable health insurance policy to shield yourself from high medical costs in case of hospitalisation due to monsoon-related ailments.
If you or your family member fall sick during monsoon, you can approach your health insurance company in India to cover your medical bills. Ailments do not come with prior notice, and therefore, the right mediclaim policy is what you need to deal with their surprise entry.
For more comprehensive protection, you can buy Dengue Care Plan of Apollo Munich. The cost of dengue treatment usually consists of diagnostic tests and in case of severity, the dengue patient may need immediate hospitalisation and platelet transfusion. So, while the cost of diagnostic tests can vary between Rs 5,000 and Rs 10,000; the average hospitalisation cost can go beyond Rs 50,000. Apollo Munich’s Dengue cover offers protection against medical expenses of dengue treatment.
Monsoon is the time to bid adieu to harsh sun rays. So follow the above-listed tips and don’t let anyone come between you and rain!
Image Source: Docto
1,167 total views, 0 views today